What are identifiers in c programming.
Posted on 22 Jan 2017 Category: C
Edited on 03 Jun 2017
Identifiers are names given to various elements of a program, such as variables, functions, and arrays. An identifier may consist of digits and letters. But there are certain rules to give name to an identifier.
1.We can use numbers underscore (_) symbol and characters.
2. The First character must be a letter or underscore(_) symbol.
3. We can use Upper case and Lower case. But both have different meaning.
4. We can start with underscore symbol(_) also.
5. No other symbols are accepted.
6. We cannot give a keyword as an identifier.
Some valid identifiers
aaa, abc, ship, flag, Id_no, _customer_no etc
Some Invalid identifiers
201, “y”, ship No, flag error etc